During the last couple of decades small, mid-sized and Fortune 500 companies have embraced Six Sigma to generate more profit and greater savings. So what is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a data-driven approach for eliminating defects and waste in any business process. You can compare Six Sigma with turning your water faucet and experiencing the flow of clean, clear water. Reliable systems are in place to purify, treat, and pressure the water through the faucet. That is what Six Sigma does to business: it treats the processes in business so that they deliver their intended result.
What is “Sigma”? The word is a statistical term that measures how far a given process deviates from perfection. Sigma is a way to measure quality and performance. The central idea behind Six Sigma is that if you can measure how many “defects” you have in a process, you can systematically figure out how to eliminate them and get as close to “zero defects” as possible. This workshop will give participants an overview of the Six Sigma methodology, and some of the tools required to deploy Six Sigma in their own organizations.
This workshop is designed to help you in the following ways:
- Develop a 360 degree view of Six Sigma and how it can be implemented in any organization.
- Identify the fundamentals of lean manufacturing, lean enterprise, and lean principles.
- Describe the key dimensions of quality – product features and freedom from deficiencies
- Develop attributes and value according to the Kano Model
- Understand how products and services that have the right features and are free from deficiencies can promote customer satisfaction and attract and retain new customers.
- Describe what is required to regulate a process
- Give examples of how poor quality affects operating expenses in the areas of appraisal, inspection costs, internal failure costs, and external failure costs
- Using basic techniques such as DMAIC and how to identify Six Sigma Projects
- Use specific criteria to evaluate a project
- Discover root causes of a problem
- Design and install new controls to hold the gains and to prevent the problem from returning.
This course includes:
- 5 hours video on-demand
- 10 Case studies
- 12 downloadable resources
- 100 Quiz questions
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and PC/tablet
- Certificate of completion
These are interesting and important topics and you can’t expect to drive employee engagement, achieved productivity, and innovation if you have not studied them in detail.
Each of these concepts is explained in a succinct and effective way and we touch on all topics with the necessary level of details.
The course contains plenty of case studies examples, which makes it even more fun and easy to understand.
In addition, we have prepared a ton of supplemental resources and quiz questions for you to assess your understanding and follow through routines to ensure you practice what you learned.
So, Wait no more and start taking Action!
Click the “Take this course” button and let’s begin this learning journey together!
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- Business Owners
- Professional Executives
- Workforce Team/Individual
- Students who want to learn about the subject matter